John K. Holzinger, DMD
Dr. John Holzinger grew up in Camden, NJ. He attended college at Temple University, where he majored in psychology. He went on to attend Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Dental Medicine in New Jersey, where he graduated at the top of his class. He received awards in Periodontics, Oral Surgery, Restorative Dentistry, and Endodontics. He was also voted into membership into Omicrom Kappa Upsilon Dental Society for graduating in the top 5% of his class.
Dr. John Holzinger moved to Connecticut to attend the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine for his residency training in Periodontics. He fell in love with the area and opened his first practice in Middletown in 1984. Over the years, Dr. John enjoys attending continuing education classes and is an associate professor at UConn in the Department of Periodontology, where he teaches residents and dental students the finer skills of their trade.
Dr. John has been married for over 35 years and has two children, Michele and John. In his free time, he enjoys golfing, competitive pistol shooting, and hiking.
Awards & Citations
- Connecticut Top Dentist 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011,2012
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Mosby Scholarship Book Award for Academic Excellence
- American College of Stomatologic Surgeons Award for Excellence
- American College of Periodontics Award of Excellence
- Operative Dentistry Award for Excellence